Friday, July 20, 2007

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Bars


I needed a quick dessert to bring to book club and these did the trick. My little family loved them so much, I made us our own half-batch in an 8x8 pan.

Next time I make these, I might try spreading some strawberry jam on top instead of chocolate, just for an experiment.


Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Bars
(Andy Knowlton)

1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups chocolate chips

In a large bowl, melt butter (microwave). Remove from microwave and whisk in peanut butter until smooth. Set aside. In a large ziplock bag, smash graham crackers to make crumbs (I use my rolling pin). If you want a bit of crunch to your bars, don't crush the crackers too finely - leave some chunks. Add powdered sugar to the ziplock and shake to combine. Add contents of ziplock to the peanut butter mixture and stir until combined. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam and press dough into it.

In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30 second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds. When fully melted, spread chocolate evenly over bars. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to let it set. Cut into small squares (these bars are rich!) and serve.

No comments: