Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jera's Famous Disappearing Macaroni Salad

I made a bowlful of this salad for a family dinner and by the time I got around to photographing the dish, this is what I found. Thank you to Jera for sharing her very delicious creation!


Famous Disappearing Macaroni Salad
(from Jera Parker)

1 to 1-1/2 cups elbow or shell macaroni, uncooked
Cook until tender.

6-8 hard boiled eggs (Peel and save 2 to put around the top and sprinkle with paprika)

1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion (white or yellow)

1 to 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip (This is the magic ingredient. I make sure it is very gooey and moist - this also seems to make it a hit; so you may need to add more than I put down.)

2-4 pickles, chopped (I use dill, but I have also used sweet. If you can find relish in either flavor then use that and you don't have to chop pickles.)

Salt & Pepper to taste (It takes about 3/4 Tbsp to salt to give it the flavor it needs)

Mix & serve. Serves about 8-10.

No comments: