Thursday, April 10, 2008

Robyn's Meatloaf

My sister-in-law, Robyn, shared this with me and I finally got around to trying it out this week. Wow! I don't think I'll ever make my other meatloaf recipe again. I love the crust this made on the bottom, and the sauce on top was oh-so-good. I made it in my oven-proof skillet and it turned out great - I would recommend doing the same.


Robyn's Meatloaf

2 lb hamburger
2 eggs
1 Tbsp dry onion flakes
1 cup oatmeal
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash (I used 1/2 tsp)
1/2 cup milk

Combine all ingredients except milk. Mix well, then add milk. Put into loaf pan (I really like using a skillet, but any baking dish will do.)

In a separate bowl mix:
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp dry mustard
3 Tbsp brown sugar

Mix and spread over meatloaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hr 15 min.

Robyn's tip is to wrap some baking potatoes in foil and toss them in with the meatloaf. Dinner is done!

5 comments:

Exposing Grief said...

Hi - I had in the past been very surprised that you had Robyn's meatloaf almost every week, I mean come on, it's meatloaf. How good could it be?

Well, I made it tonight. I had to modify a bit with what I had on hand, but it was delicious. It must be the yummy, sweet topping, that makes it so good, everyone loved it. Especially my husband who is a big meatloaf lover.

Andy said...

I am so glad you guys liked it. I love the topping too. I'll tell Robyn that her meatloaf recipe has gotten rave reviews!

Exposing Grief said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Exposing Grief said...

Yes, you can tell her we are raving!

I made it again this week and it turned out great again. You know how when you make a recipe once and it's good and then you make it again and it's not?

Well, this one is definitely a winner!

Anonymous said...

This was very good. I will definitely be making this again!