Monday, July 21, 2008

Fiesta Rice

Last year I bought a Cooking Light magazine at the grocery store (can I just tell you what a sucker I am for any cooking magazine that is displayed near the check out counters??). I had looked through it, ripped out the recipes that looked promising and then stuffed them into the back of my recipe binder. I recently cleaned my binder out (a yearly event) and discovered this little gem. It's another wonderful summer recipe, and was perfect with our grilled quesadillas.

I didn't make any changes to the recipe (oh, except I used white rice because I didn't have any brown on hand) so I'll just give you all the link instead of re-typing it here. I wouldn't recommend skipping the toasting of the corn to save time. The toasting adds a nice flavor. Also, I served lime wedges on the side so people could add lime juice if they wanted. I loved the lime flavor, but hubby didn't.

Fiesta Rice from Cooking Light magazine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toast the corn...a likely story, toasters don't have slots that small.

Luke and Hailie Girl said...

Love your blog! It is helping me get out of a dinner rut...
Tried this Fiesta Rice receipe this weekend and my family loved it! There was a ton of leftovers..
fabulous..

Andy said...

Thank you Cara! I hate those dinner ruts too. I'm glad you liked the rice. I had about 1 cup of leftovers on the second day, so I warmed it up and wrapped it in a tortilla with a bit of cheese. It was the perfect quick lunch.