Monday, August 18, 2008

Rustic Plum Tart

I have always loved baking. Growing up, I loved baking cookies and cupcakes and I could bake often because there were a lot of taste-testers around. Now there are just the three of us, so I don't bake as often. I kind of miss it too. Here's my latest foray into the baking world: A Rustic Plum Tart.

Looking at the recipe (found here), I was a little concerned about the addition of cornmeal. I was tempted to omit it, but in the end I was very glad I didn't. It adds a cool texture and enough of a unique flavor to make the tart interesting.



This tart is very delicious, but in the end it made a big mess in the pan and it was difficult to serve. I would never attempt to make this for guests, but I would make it again for just my little family - they don't care if food is ugly - the messier the better. In fact, just cover over the ugly with a smear of whipping cream and you're good to go.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I have some plums who are about to see their last day...this might be the perfect way to eat them up!