Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eye-Spy

IMG_3423
[photo courtesy of Vintage Pollyanna]

Oh man this looks good!  I was doing some surfing for another hobby of mine and I came across this blog: Vintage Pollyanna

Allison has some really cute craft ideas, along with some yummy looking recipes.  This one for Chocolate Bark took me on a short trip down memory lane.  Back in college I went to visit a friend of mine at her apartment.  She offered me some chocolate bark and (of course) I didn’t refuse.  After eating it and telling her how much I loved it she informed me that there were saltine crackers in the recipe.  I really, really, really thought she was lying.  (side note:  I was quite a practical joker back in the day so it was not unheard of for people to try to trick me.  You know….  revenge.)  She gave me a copy of the recipe and sure enough – saltines. 

I was so happy to come across the recipe on Allison’s blog.  Along with the recipe she also has step-by-step photos for those of you who are more cautious bakers.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

This is a trip down memory lane for me to, the LDS family I lived with would make "Soda Craker Candy" all the time. Now I can make my own, thanks!

Allison said...

Thanks for featuring me!! I fill tins of this stuff for family and friends at Christmas and they love it and beg for it every year. ;-)